Wednesday 9 November 2011

R.I.P. Heavy D - The King of Money Makin' Mount V!


R.I.P. Heavy D

Just yesterday I was watching an interview just did with Westwood and Heavy D and was shocked to find out that he has passed away. Our deepest sympathies go to his cousin Pete Rock and all of his family. I have heard a lot of positive things about him over the years, Heavy D was defined by his positive attitude and giving nature, whether it was his Annual "Nothin' But Love" Mount Vernon Cookout, progressive lyrical content, or his putting on other artists into the industry. (My friend YR used to work at Haagen Dazs in Money Makin' Mount V, and told me he was a regular customer, and that he was a really cool guy.)


Heavy D talks to Westwood on Radio 1Xtra about the birth of hip hop, the tragic passing of Troy, performing at the BET awards, working with Jay-Z, producing, touring the UK, Teddy Riley & Pete Rock.


Heavy D & The Boyz - Mr. Big Stuff (Remix)

4 comments:

Christopher Myers said...

I am working on a sync video for this weekend... I had the pleasure to meet him and actually talk to him one on one for a bit once.... Very Profound Presents.... Seems like his "Spirit" is already working with me.... PS I don't know if you ever follow my Mercury's Messenger or My Cosmic Stardust blogs.... but I have blogged about him a few times, even last week he was in one of my blog posts....crazy...

The Kool Skool said...

I have known about your blog for a while! I thought I was following already, but check it often! Hope your good,
All the best

Christopher Myers said...

Most def.... I have like 5 blogs now... the My Cosmic Stardust and Mercurys messenger are my main ones.... But you are part of my blog roll the 'Order of The Stars' encase you didn't know and with Alan Green being on Red Ice for the book I am in 'The Sync Book', my hits have went way up.... so you should see some of that eventually.... Peace "C"

The Kool Skool said...

That's really kind, greatly appreciate that. I haven't listened to the Alan Green interview yet, but I am a big Red Ice fan. I will check out your other sites for sure. I have been following the Sync Phenomenom, but I find some of it quite hard to understand, not that its not true. I will have a closer look for sure! Keep up the hard work. Thanks again bro Peace